4.02.2008

Penny Rounds




Ok, let me take a minute to talk about tile. Fascinating I know, like watching grass grow to most. However, to people like me who can apparently spend months trying to decide on tile, it can turn into an all-consuming thing. After Patrick and I disagreed on the first million tiles we looked at, we have reached a consensus... at least for the new bathroom floor. Penny Rounds (Ann Sacks). They are modern yet retro, go well with an old 1920's house like ours, but clean it up and make it look a lot more updated at the same time. These are the aqua and the cornflower, which are so cool, but in the interest of not getting totally bored with a color, we have ultimately chosen the more neutral creme color which I guess is not on the website right now. I found the basketweave pattern in browns and grays that I fell in love with for the floor, however it turned out to be 150$ a square foot. Being that we're not in a position to put in a 10,000$ floor right now, we will stick to the penny rounds.